Tuesday 16 July 2013

Viva Italia

A little update on Carollina's (aka Boston's) travels through Italy! 

So it's been a crazy week and a half in beautiful Italia. 
My first stop was Rome, where my sites were set on exploring some of the most exquisite historical monuments. I viewed the city from the top of a double decker tour bus, winding its way through the quaint streets of Rome, the sun shining on my skin, and my hair blowing in the warm breeze. I ventured from the memorable Vatican City, all the way to the stunning Colosseum. As I approached each significant monument, a gasp of air was needed to take in what I've only ever seen in photo form... Now rising up before my very eyes.

My attempts to speak Italian definitely proved to be an exciting challenge while ordering some of Rome's finest cuisine.
 
My next stop, Pompeii. A must. The fresh air and quiet surrounds made for a relaxing stay. A little tour of the Pompeii ruins opened my eyes to what used to be, and what now is...

So just close your eyes and imagine....

Just a little update for you. Jealous?
 
Talk soon

B xx



No comments:

Post a Comment